A scholarship is considered by ASME to be a grant made to a student to enable or assist the student in pursuing an educational program in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarships. The application opens this year starting November 24 to February 17 (for Undergraduate student applications), and November 24 to March 3 (for Graduate student applicatons) for scholarships funding the following academic year.
The High School Senior application opens this year starting December 1 to March 15, 2022.
You Should Know...
- The online Scholarship Application opens for the 2022 - 2023 academic year starting November 24 (High school application opens December 1 ). The deadline for applications are as follows:
|Undergraduate Student Application Deadline:||February 17, 2022|
|Graduate Student Application Deadline:||March 3, 2022|
|High School Senior Application Deadline:||March 15, 2022|
- Please click on the “How to Apply” link on the left for instructions and access to the online application.
- An ASME student membership is required to login to the online application system. Join ASME or Renew your membership.
- Applicants must be accepted and enrolled full-time in an ABET accredited program for the entire following academic year (starting in the fall). Check for your college or university.
- ASME Scholarships have only one application to complete for all scholarships in this group. Students must apply again each year.
ASME Scholarship Program Goals
Expand the engineering workforce pipeline consistent with ASME’s objectives
Enable outstanding mechanical engineering students in financial difficulty to graduate.
Encourage continuing participation and leadership in ASME
Support the education for students whose application shows potential for that student to contribute to the advancement of the art, science and practice of ME and MET or closely related engineering fields