Upcoming VOLT Events
Upcoming Leadership Training and Orientation Events
Performance Management: Using Positive Reinforcement and Other Techniques to Improve Team Results
Strong performance management is important to the growth and sustainability of any organization. Not all performance management measures produce the same results. In this workshop, we will define the basic principles of performance management. Using these definitions, we will discuss how to better apply performance management techniques. Attendees will walk away with a better appreciation for the necessity of positive reinforcement. Combining the lessons from this workshop along with their own personal experience will allow attendees to deliver more meaningful feedback in their professional, volunteer, and personal lives.
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define antecedent, behaviors, and consequences as they relate to performance management
- Understand the importance of positive reinforcement
- Apply learnings to be better able to give meaningful feedback
Matt Schulte has been involved in ASME in various ways for the past 10 years, including as a former ECLIPSE intern and a member of VOLT. He enjoys time with ASME working with an organization full of diverse, industrious, and intelligent members. For his professional life, Matt has worked at Burns & McDonnell in Kansas City since graduating in 2009. He has had various roles of increasing responsibility, most recently serving as the manager of supplier quality. Matt spends much of his free time with his wife Rachel chasing their three boys. He is an alumnus of the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (BSME) and the Bloch School of Management (MBA).
Merya Zogheib works in Global Markets for JP Morgan Chase and is a Member-at-Large on the VOLT Academy Executive Committee.
October 27, 2021, 11:00 AM– 12:00 PM EDT.This workshop is open to all ASME members. Register online here.
For more information on VOLT workshops, contact Clare Bruff, Senior Manager, Volunteer Leadership Development and Diversity at email@example.com.
Past Leadership Training and Orientation Events
- Leveraging Diversity to Make More Effective Teams (April 2021)
- Finding Opportunities in Times of Change (January 2021)
- Why You Need Resilience and How to Build It (June/July 2020)
- Succession Planning for ASME Units (March 2020)
- Communicating to Include (March 2020)
- Exploring Engineering Identity (March 2020)
- Communicating Effectively to Inspire Action (February 2020)
- Your Next Volunteer Position: Navigating Your ASME Volunteer Pathway (November 2019)